Sunday, April 26, 2009

Types of College Financial Aids for Students Joining Colleges

With college expenses touching the roof we all tend to look for ways in which we can unburden our pockets and college financial aid is one of the ways to ensure that you don’t end up with several loans by the time you pass out of college.

College grants or financial aids are either given by universities or state or federal governments. Check out some of the ways to get college financial aid:

Pell Grants

This is offered to low income graduates and in 2010 the grant available under Pell is $5,500.


There are a range of scholarships available for students depending on areas such as academics or sports besides several other reasons. There are several websites where one can search for range of scholarships available. One could even contact companies for scholarships or even businesses with strong community ties.


Federal government offers low interest educational loans at subsidized rates. The good thing is you don’t need to pay them back until you have graduated. The federal government has been backing Parent PLUS loans, Stafford Loans and Perkins loans and you can even avail these loans in case your parents can’t qualify for it.

Hope this information helps you a lot towards furthering your career.

No comments:

Post a Comment